Oklahoma Upright MRI Services
MRI, or Magnetic Resonance Imaging, is a method used by physicians to look inside the human body to obtain diagnostic information. Incorporating an advanced technology, MRI produces images of the anatomy without the use of radiation found in x-ray and CT scanning.
The advanced design of the FONAR Upright® MRI allows patients to be scanned in the positions they experience problems - sitting, standing, bending, leaning, as well as lying down. Until now, all MRI exams were done with the patient lying down in a static position. Patients can enjoy the convenience of simply walking in and watching TV during the scan.
Advantages of Upright MRI Include:
- The only true Open MRI
- The most non-claustrophobic whole-body Open MRI
- Walk in, stand or sit and watch TV during the scan, walk out
- Patient positioning plays a critical role in detecting clinically significant pathology.
- Multi-positional capabilities for positional MRI™ (pMRI™) studies
- Scans patients in flexion, extension, rotation and lateral bending